Goals for MAP Improvement
- Clever Schools will implement a challenging curriculum and provide resources and support for standards-based education.
- Clever Schools will align curriculum, instruction, and assessment with the Show-Me Standards and the Missouri Assessment Program.
- Clever Schools will continue to use technology to enhance instruction and improve student achievement.
- Clever Schools will give students and teachers sufficient opportunities to plan, teach, and learn while providing consistent expectations and seamless transitions between schools.
- Clever Schools will develop classroom, grade-level, and school-wide assessment data systems to determine the most effective instructional practices.
- Clever Schools will hold all stakeholders accountable for high academic and behavioral expectations.
- Clever Schools will provide a comprehensive and ongoing program of professional development.
- Clever Schools will engage the community to support student achievement.
- Clever Schools will create a safe, orderly, efficient, and motivating school environment.
In efforts to improve MAP achievement, members of the Clever R-V Board of Education believe....
- Respect the testing process
- Apply test-taking strategies to maximize opportunities for success
- Complete all questions to the best of their abilities
- Apply themselves to learn throughout the year
- Arrive at school rested and ready to learn each day
- Understand the testing process and the importance of tests
- Be sure children are rested and ready for testing
- Encourage children to read and comprehend
- Encourage children to read for specific information
- Align curriculum to the Show-Me Standards
- Use released items to develop performance events
- Provide constructed response items for student practice
- Collaborate with other professionals to create assessments
- Create a positive test-taking environment
- Proctor exams carefully
- Analyze test data to plan for future instruction
- Provide test schedules to faculty
- Coordinate all teachers during the testing period
- Provide incentives for students during testing
- Enforce testing procedures and test security
- Provide collaborative plan time for the purpose of developing a quality curriculum
- Showcase top-quality performance events and constructed response items
- Coordinate meetings with teachers and parents to review curriculum and expectations
- Allow Clever R-V MAP teachers to share information
- Evaluate curriculum revisions and the use of constructed response items and performance events
- Analyze test data to improve curriculum, instruction, and/or assessment
- Create a positive learning environment
- Keep parents informed of pertinent testing information
- Encourage communication between teachers and parents
- Organize a system of explaining test results to all stakeholders in the district
- Stay abreast of trends and issues related to the school improvement process